Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Here's a better picture

I am still learning how to photograph purples! I do think the Marr Haven is thicker than the Targhee. The yardage is 210 vs. the targhee at 230, and it does feel a little thicker to me. I do want something somewhat heavier than a sweater though. It's very chilly through May here--especially mornings and evenings, and I am also hoping it will still fit her in the Fall. I know some people don't like the 'work' that it takes to move it across the needles, but I don't mind it at all. If you use slippery needles like Addis, that helps...plus I think I just have strong hands from all the knitting and wringing out of yarn!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Donna said...

I like it a lot Morwenna, I can see the purple in it more in this picture. I don't mind Targhee, at all, and will most likely make Landen's jacket out of it. Did you get your pattern yet?

Morwenna said...

No pattern! I can hardly wait!! Rowan's birthday is the 24th--think I will make it? I do work well under pressure....

Marnie said...

i think you'll make it. i did the first one in a couple of days, and i don't think your stitch count is going to be significantly different, since i used such lightweight yarn. you are also, i think, a faster knitter than i am.

and it's pretty much mindless, so you can keep going even when exhausted.

i have school this weekend, and i think i could finish it if i started early. but i won't!

Stellaria said...

I did the baby one in a day or so, I think. The one I did for me took 9 months, though ;)